We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will provide regular updates in accordance with Government guidelines.
We continue to offer appointments as usual and fully understand if patients choose to delay their treatment.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our priority and the advice below is intended to help keep everyone well and slow the spread of the virus more widely. Our staff are following the latest government guidelines regarding non-essential contact, travel and self isolation and will provide your treatment with the highest care possible.
Can I still attend my appointment?
In accordance with government guidelines, you are advised to stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Please refer to the latest advice on coronavirus before making or attending your appointment.
What should I do when visiting Mermaid Dental Surgery?
On arrival at the practice:
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment to reduce the use of waiting areas, or a few minutes before if there is paperwork to complete.
- If you prefer, you may wait in your own car.
- Please do not bring in siblings who do not have an appointment.
- Payment by credit or debit card is available without touching a card machine if you prefer.
Cross Infection controls
We continue to operate to the highest standard of cross infection control. We have introduced some additional measures in communal areas including regularly wiping down hard surfaces, and providing tissues and hand sanitizer for your use.
Please continue to follow the general Public Health England personal hygiene guidelines:
- Regularly wash your hands in soap and hot water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if you are unable to wash your hands.
- Use a tissue for coughs and sneezes – catch it, bin it, kill it.
- Hand sanitiser gel and tissues are located throughout the practice.
- If you don’t have a tissue – use the crook of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
If you have any further questions, please contact a member of our reception team on 01225 872106